Saturday, March 27, 2010

php server (on Win7 ) working finally

Lots of Windows PHPers recommend WAMP for building up the PHP server + MYSQL + Apache on Windows, which is actually not preferable for opensource PHP so sometimes it takes a while to set up, unlike on unix.

Today i wasted sometime on this.

Originally I've installed PHP5 and MYSQL before, so WAMP is actually installing everything within its own package into its folder.

Beware! You should uninstall the previous PHP , clear and clean , to reduce troubles.....

My case is, I uninstalled the old PHP5 on Control Panel, then go ahead and install WAMP, everything works just fine, except a weird bug!

Whenever how i config the files in wamp, the php  NEVER print out the error message!!!!

I searched around and still cannot find the solution, until 10 min ago, I thought maybe the uninstallation is not finished completely? Then I took a look at the old PHP folder! It's still there!!! Besides, the php.ini is in that old folder!!!

Oh Jesus Christ!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

 I deleted the whole old folder, and restart wamp, bingo! It works !

No comments:

Post a Comment